sfglobalshapers has been archived.
sfglobalshapers has been archived and is no longer active.
sfglobalshapers is all of us
Our contributors 42
Thank you for supporting sfglobalshapers.
Transparent and open finances.
We have a number of initiatives we are raising sponsorship money for including alliescity.com, a diversity/inclusion effort that is well underway. Last year, we launched 4 different initiatives. We will have 9 other such initiatives related to important community and global issues launching this year.
The Global Shapers Community is a network of young change-makers who are exceptional in their potential, their achievement, and their drive to make a contribution to their local communities. Supported by the World Economic Forum (WEF), there are now Global Shapers Hubs in over 400 cities around the world.
In San Francisco, we are a group of 40 technologists, entrepreneurs, educators, artists, scientists, engineers, tinkerers, dreamers, and global citizens. We see a special value in bringing young leaders from different backgrounds areas of expertise together. We embrace cross-domain collaboration, and we strive to create value by surfacing and implementing on those opportunitIes for the betterment of our community.
What We Do
The Global Shapers undertake events and activities that generate positive impact our their local communities. We also share lessons and best practices across Global Shapers Hubs, and connect with World Economic Forum discussions and activities on a global level.
We seek to have an impact by catalyzing and enhancing, individually and collectively, fresh ideas and entrepreneurial solutions to the world's most pressing challenges.
Our projects for the 2016-2017 cycle are underway - you can learn more about these projects on our Facebook Page (livestream of our Pitch Day here and here, slides here). Here's a quick overview of our current initiatives:
- ShelterTech [slides] - Helping the homeless access social workers and information.
- #VotingIsSexy (completed) [slides] - Increase Millennial Voter Turnout.
- Addressing Food Insecurity in the Tenderloin [slides]
- Allies [slides] - Platform for scaling diversity & inclusion initiatives in the Bay Area.
- The Last 6% [slides] - Documentary/discussion about the African American decline on Fillmore.
- Raphael House Nanodegrees [slides] - Equip at-risk homeless family breadwinners with tech skills to land tech jobs.
- Design Thinking in Cuba (completed) [video]
- Imagination: Party at the Palace [slides] - Fundraiser gala to raise money for SF education non-profits.
- Career Skills Speed Training (completed) [slides] - Train underrepresented youth in soft skills to succeed in the workplace.
- Shaper Debates [slides] - Periodic debates open to the public highlighting a significant SF issue.
- ShaperTalks [slides] - Our monthly speaker series open to the public, inviting leaders who have shaped their industries to share their experience and views.
We'd love to have you check out these projects and we welcome you to jump on a project team. You can contact project leads or offer suggestions / support via this form.