Ridgewood Mutual Aid Project
We provide mutual aid to our neighbors in Ridgewood, Maspeth, Glendale, and Middle Village in the form of food distribution, a community fridge, homeless outreach and eviction defense support.
Become a financial contributor.
Our Homeless Outreach Project is raising money to purchase supplies for our neighbors in Ridgewood/Bushwick, Glendale, Maspeth & Middle Village. I... Read more
$10,372.25 USD of $8,000 USD raised (130%)
Starts at$5 USD
Top financial contributors
$3,200 USD since Jul 2020
$2,850 USD since Feb 2021
$2,500 USD since Jan 2021
$2,025 USD since Nov 2020
$1,400 USD since May 2021
$1,355 USD since Oct 2020
$1,350 USD since Oct 2020
$1,250 USD since Jan 2021
$1,200 USD since Jan 2021
$1,100 USD since Nov 2020
Ridgewood Mutual Aid Project is all of us
Our contributors 550
Thank you for supporting Ridgewood Mutual Aid Project.
Homeless Outreach Project
Transparent and open finances.
Credit from Miranda to Ridgewood Mutual Aid Project •
Credit from Marina Ford to Ridgewood Mutual Aid Project •
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Ridgewood Mutual Aid Project
Updates on our activities and progress.
Update Report - Our Work During the Pandemic
- 507 families received groceries through direct grocery deliveries to their homes during year one of the pandemic. The majority of families seeking support for groceries have been monolingual Spanish speakers with an average of four family members in their household who weren’t eligible for traditional forms of government assistance, meaning unemployment or public benefits such as SNAP.
- In 2020 we were able to distribute over 300 hot meals prepared by Friend of a Friend and 50 turkeys through the generous donation of the FridgeGirls. We were also able to organize three large food distributions in 2020 and one large food distribution in 2021 with our donated funds. This helped provide groceries to over 1000 families in our neighborhood.
- In December 2021 we organized a winter resource fair that distributed winter clothing, coats and toys to over 150 families. We purchased coats with our donated funds and our neighbors donated items as well.
- In August 2020 our friends with Hungry Monk helped us pick up a used refrigerator in New Jersey which we purchased with donated funds. With the fridge, we created our Community Fridge Project which we launched in September 2020 and that has helped provide fresh vegetables, canned food, and other nonperishable food items to our neighbors. We partnered with our friends at St. John’s Bread and Life and received ongoing donations from them and other local sources, as well as purchased groceries for the fridge from our own donated funds.
- In May 2020 we launched our Homeless Outreach Project (now our Homeless Organizing Project) when the city shut down the subways at 1am and police started to harass our homeless neighbors out of the stations which many used as a refuge from the cold. We started to do nightly and weekend outreach to provide our homeless neighbors with necessary survival supplies such as clothing, food, toiletries and referrals to necessary services. When we saw firsthand how difficult it was for many of the individuals we kept meeting to access these services, we started advocating for better services alongside them. We’ve been able to work with over 50 individuals. Unfortunately, several of them have since passed away due to not having a safe and stable home.
Read more on our website: https://www.ridgewoodtenantsunion.org/update/