Become a financial contributor.
Top financial contributors
$3,000 USD since Apr 2020
$1,450 USD since Jul 2020
$265 USD since Dec 2018
$155 USD since May 2020
$100 USD since Dec 2017
$100 USD since Jan 2019
$95 USD since Jun 2021
$52 USD since Mar 2019
$40 USD since Aug 2022
$15 USD since Dec 2017
$780 USD since Jan 2020
$700 USD since Sep 2020
$440 USD since Mar 2021
$400 USD since Apr 2018
$250 USD since Dec 2018
$150 USD since Dec 2019
$100 USD since Mar 2018
$100 USD since Jan 2019
$100 USD since Jan 2019
$100 USD since Feb 2021
OpenEMR is all of us
Our contributors 47
Thank you for supporting OpenEMR.
Transparent and open finances.
Credit from Jerry Padgett to OpenEMR •
Credit from Robert to OpenEMR •
OpenEMR is the most popular open source electronic health records and medical practice management solution.
Our vibrant community of volunteers and contributors have maintained critical OpenEMR features for over a decade. With over 30 supported languages, many customizations, and full data ownership, OpenEMR's features shine. On top of this, users in need of support can take advantage of our volunteer support network as well as over 30 vendors in over 10 countries.
Open source software has changed the world for the better. OpenEMR is a leader in healthcare open source software. Costly proprietary EMRs are no longer the only option. Learn how to start contributing today!
As the most popular open source electronic health records and medical practice management solution, our community has many ambitious goals to meet the needs of our global user base. Some of these requests involve activities such as adding new clinical forms, improving documentation, and crafting a cutting edge, FHIR-ready, real-time inpatient management module. I’ll let you guess which one requires the most energy, time, and domain expertise :).
With Open Collective, donations are used for items such as:
1. Software Development
We are focused on an ambitious project roadmap including a module for managing patients with complex diseases remotely, a big data analytics platform with R, more Docker-based cloud solutions, modern hospitalized patients management module, cTAKES clinical natural language processing reports, and FHIR as a first-class citizen.
Software is the main tool we use to achieve our goals and, historically, hiring trusted development partners and supplying funds to our development teams have proved to move projects to the finish line.
2. Information Security Firm Partnerships
Our community is very security conscious. We want to do even better by having regular security audits.
No software is perfect and no software is free from threats, but we believe that by having these “extra pairs of eyes” will be of great benefit to helping our users lock down their most sensitive data: protected health information.
3. Expert Technical Writers
We would really love to improve our documentation by putting it in the hands of professionals that can curate an excellent and inviting “User Manual UX”.
Not only do we need to effectively target our documentation to technical users, we also know that non-technical healthcare providers in low resource areas will be reading the wiki due to the absence of a proper IT team.
4. Micro Computers and Hardware
Our community has been looking into RaspberryPis and low cost devices to serve as medical devices in both hospital bedside and remote patient monitoring use cases. Low resource users will be able to take advantage of such affordable devices, programmed to send vitals directly to the system.
Testing, building, and providing a sustainable pipeline to get the devices to needy users comes at a cost.
5. Conferences and Education
Members in our community have been attending and speaking at healthcare conferences and hackathons with a limited budget. We are also constantly engaged with university professors, attempting to introduce our system into more classrooms.
6. Marketing and Outreach
All marketing, brand development, and PR work is done by software developers in our community.
This approach has got us some mileage, but we really aren’t experts and understand that our digital brand needs to be nurtured, evolved, and shown off in clever ways that software-minded people might not be able to pull off.
We would love to allocate some funds to an engaged and professional marketing partner to meet these needs.
Simply put, with a sustainable model through Open Collective, our community will be able to achieve our goals. Coming up with an exact dollar target is difficult, but our community leaders estimate that $15,000 per month will likely be sufficient to support the costs that come with taking our ambitious project to the next level and impacting global healthcare.
Core Roadmap Projects
- Affordable Medical Devices Connectivity: Affordable and high quality hardware to provide low resource users datacentric medical devices.
- Units Support: Support for hospitalized patient management.
- Team Tasks Management: Real time, teamcentric care module.
- Advanced Billing: UB04 and modern billing capabilities out of the box.
- Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Integration : JSON based healthcare schema that is the future of healthcare data modeling.
- Modern Cloud Solutions: Ongoing support and development of OpenEMR Cloud.
- Quality Reporting: Ability to export more actionable and comprehensive medical reports.
- Realistic Test Data Generation: Lifelike fake seed data for demos, academic use cases, and QA.
- Clinical Intelligence Dashboards: Big data analytics platform for better understanding a patient population and trends.
- Intelligent Chart Summarization: User-friendly clinical natural language processing to transform plain text into structured medical data.
- Normalized Code Directory Structure: Legacy code organization overhaul.
- Separation of Business Logic Code: Legacy code refactor overhaul.
- Module Framework: Legacy architecture overhaul.
- Frontend User Interface Rework: Modern UI frameworks and best practices to improve user experiences.
- Telemedicine Support: Patient video encounters support.
- Speech Dictation Documentation: Easy to use documentation to configure speech dictation support.
- Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS): Game changing radiology integration and viewing technology.
- Medical Administration Record: Electronic module to improve patient system and streamline clinical documentation processes.
- Remote Patient Vitals Module: Low resource solution to remotely monitor patient vitals via SMS on an interval basis.
OpenEMR is a leader in healthcare open source software. Costly proprietary EMRs are no longer the only option. Learn how to start contributing today!
Community and Professional support can be found here.
Extensive documentation and forums can be found on the OpenEMR website.