This Month in Mun - December 2019
Published on January 3, 2020 by Remco
December is often perceived as a month that emphasizes family and togetherness. The Mun community for one really did pull together, allowing the core contributors to focus on making data structures a reality. This month, we’ve implemented:
- Parsing of tuple data structures
- Parsing and type inferencing of data structure literals
- Indexing of data structure fields
- Generation of LLVM IR for data structure declarations, literals, and field indexing
- Add data structure information to the Mun ABI
- Loading data structure information into the Mun Runtime
We also made some minor fixes for the latest version of Rust and added type checking of binary operations:
Meanwhile, the Mun community has not been standing by idly:
- We welcomed our first community contributions (PRs #66 & #67) for two of our good first issues. This is a great way for community members to gain an understanding of our codebase and workflow, while helping us implement important fixes and improvements.
- A community member who works on Veloren, created a proof of concept for Mun-powered hot reloading inside the game:
Are you interested in contributing to Mun or do you just want to receive the latest updates? Then join us on Discord, follow us on Twitter, or watch us on Github.