Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Solidarity Economy 101
Updates on our activities and progress.
In 10 Minutes...
When OCF made public its ongoing strategy in "Solidarity As A Guiding Principle", we highlighted the solidarity economy as an important part of that reorientation and are committed to taking our entire community with us on this learning journey. We have followed by publishing our strategic plan and 6-month check-in to update our hosted initiatives as this strategy has developed.
Unpacking the solidarity economy through Solidarity School is also part of the way OCF hopes to support public learning throughout the Open Collective ecosystem as we move towards a platform owned and governed by users and stakeholders through an Exit To Community.
This is an introduction to the Solidarity Economy hosted by our program manager, Mike Strode, who serves on the boards of the US Solidarity Economy Network and New Economy Coalition.
During this participatory workshop, we will explore:
- The meaning and some origins of the solidarity economy (SE)
- Important distinctions between SE and other economic system frameworks
- The values and principles of a solidarity economy
- Examples of projects (Beautiful Solutions) organizing within a solidarity economy framework
- Ideas for how your work can intersect with practices within a solidarity economy