Transparent and open finances.
Credit from Guest to Space Share Lab •
Over the last 20 months the Space Share Lab has allowed BKMA to use their space to share food, baby supplies, household items and generally to activate community care and gatherings with our beautiful neighbors on the Southside of Chicago.
This grant is one way we hope to give back a little and to support all the amazing programming and people who will pass through the Space Share Lab. We hope these funds can allow for more healing, creativity, community building and whatever our siblings at the Space Share Lab deem to be important to better our communities here in Bronzeville and beyond as the Space Share Lab launches their new programming!
SPACE SHARE LAB LAUNCH:
Currently, there are 12 active Space Share Members ranging from GreenCorp, Chicago’s green jobs training and placement organization, to birth workers and community first response teams – all dedicated to doing funded and fee-based trainings in a community-based location. Currently, we are preparing the space for an official launch with a full range of calendar offerings for the new year.
We are in the midst of upgrading and enhancing the space to create the physical infrastructure necessary to allow a dynamic range of activities and healing experiences. Funding will support costs of materials and labor to operationalize space as well as supplies that can be financially burdensome to invest for emerging practitioners.
The website, www.spacesharelab.com will feature a Community Calendar of offerings as the space as well as a Space Share Member page featuring description and contact details for each member, creating an interdependent design that doesn’t center a monolithic non-profit as center. My hope is to activate several core Resident Community Practitioners, local healers and organizers who can be fully funded to offer classes and workshops so cost doesn’t prohibit community members from receiving deep care but still allows for work to be financially supported without burden falling squarely to practitioner, space holder or seeker. The Resident Community Practitioners will be designed as follows;
• Open Call to Community Practitioners are opened to Emerging Adults & Adults via online space share membership application. Funding will provide Sliding Scale Scholarships to Space Share Members and fund stipends for facilitated circles and coursework. Stipends will be used to activate the following specific areas of healing practice;
• Memory Work & Restorative Narratives – Circles & Retreats Designed to Recall and Reframe Narratives & Historical Traumas
• Art Centered Healing – Workshops & Events Centering Performing & Visual Art as Healing Method
• Movement Therapies – Workshops & Events Focused on Somatic Healing
• Youth-Led & Centered Practice & Development – Training & Group Practice for Reframing Leadership for Whole Humyns
• First Response Collectives - Groups Providing Products & Services to Community in Crisis/Acute Need
• MasterClass Coursework – Deep-Dive Development Coursework (Novel Writing, Financial Planning, Reiki Master Training, Equity & Race Training, Yoga Teacher Training, other Certifications)
Become a financial contributor.
Space Share Lab is all of us
Our contributors 2
Thank you for supporting Space Share Lab.
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Space Share Lab
Updates on our activities and progress.